AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on HtoA, questions of my own.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 3/16/2016 18:18 (#5180419 - in reply to #5180367)
Subject: RE: More on HtoA, questions of my own.

Ontario's middle east
You got the gist of it Kevin. We have offered what the OP asked about. We call it an Avg Price Contract. Usually it just gets executed once a week. Pretty cheap and easy to administer. An avg of the spring pricing is a lot better than no plan at all. We never have had much producer interest in it and that may reflect the fact that I'm not a big proponent. As you know, I urge them to figure out a COP based price and let the target work. A while ago I told you guys a symptom of slow origination would be a rehash of old contracts that most people have forgotten about. Hopefully (for guys that want to write them) they will be mysterious enough to make you think they are a magical silver bullet answer to all your marketing dreams, but not so scary you won't sign them. The double obligation is another one. Like Sat said, there ain't any magic. These things are generally driven by selling option premium. Not that it is all bad but my rule of thumb is come home and explain it to the wife. If you cant do that, you probably don't fully understand the risk, so find another plan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)