AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Wall of Bred Hefiers that Never Showed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 3/13/2016 12:51 (#5173373 - in reply to #5173168)
Subject: RE: The Wall of Bred Hefiers that Never Showed

Missouri

I would be first to admit my knowledge is very limited about southern cattle on all area's. (OK City is looked at occasionally as large early week sale that sets the tone for the rest to follow) The discussion here is that the optimism in our industry by producers has minimized  the damage. in various segments. I am around people that are making plans how to survive threw the lower cattle prices that are headed our way, be it next fall by the board predictions,10 yr cattle cycle 2/3 yrs,  increased numbers/supply, competing meats, lack of export, general economy, potential drought, political agenda's. (That pretty well covers it all)   Something tells me specific areas that might have missed the high cattle prices, might think different that those of us that have seen this thing drop by a third from the high.  Per 1000 less bred heifers, it was easy to find 2800-3500 bred heifers last year, which caused this Wall of Bred Heifers to form which actually was a non event. Today $1600 to $2300 pretty well catching them. Northern and West are full of these first calf heifers looking for a home.  Many are lucky to hold money together. Many are trader type cattle as the best have been marketed and found a home. That is not fair to say and not meant as bad as it sounds. Still some honest cattle but really need to be aware of the lower end.   If you are looking for cattle you need to find MW. He would fit in your crowd "Still thinks cattle are high and going higher"  He might be the only person I know that would talk like that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)