AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone have an original 7000 seeding rate chart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 3/12/2016 07:41 (#5170841 - in reply to #5170701)
Subject: RE: Corn and bean

I think I sort of follow along.

I read the decal and wrote the numbers down but did not count actual teeth on the sprocket. (need to verify that) appears to be all original.

This was the reason I wanted a chart out of an original manual. Whatever those settings are would match the sprockets on the planter with no halving or doubling.

I understand if sprockets were changed or double length link chains would have been changed the need for using the X2 factor.

I'm just a little confused as I know on my old 4 row whatever I read out of the chart was the setting I used and had the correct population.

I'm interpreting this as the only time you would use the x2 factor is if sprockets and chains had been switched to regular roller chain?

Let me do an example and someone can check if I am thinking correctly.

Lets assume original sprockets, and original double length link chains. This means direct reading of results from planting chart correct ? 

He wants to plant 29,900 corn in 30" rows, chart shows using 16 driver 14 driven. He would use those 2 sprockets as circled on decal below.

Also at those same settings bean population with the radial meters would be 29,900 x 4.6667=139,534

(Capture4.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Capture4.JPG (59KB - 109 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)