AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bulk bin pad...??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bennyt
Posted 3/4/2016 22:49 (#5156035 - in reply to #5155982)
Subject: RE: Bulk bin pad...??

Trenton, Missouri
We put a new one in. It is a 6 1/2 ton plastic one with six legs. I didnt see anything about how deep to pour so I poured it at 4". I dont really see us having any problems with it but what do I know. You could drill some pier holes right where your legs will go and then pour 4" - 6" on top of the piers (footing holes). It is probably redneck but I have laid several pads with those in them to keep them from heaving a corner up and so far in 10-15 years I havent seen them fail. It is pretty nice to have the crete there to work on. Also mine didnt come with any way to attach the 16' auger and motor. I called the guy I bought it from and he said that most of his guys put them in a building and support the auger/ motor with a wall. I said "thanks for telling me my pad is in the middle of nowhere". We welded a redneck frame on it with wire rope supports. The only steel on mine are the legs and they are only about 7' tall and my auger went about 12' in the air the rest is plastic. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)