AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I can ...I think I can
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 3/4/2016 17:21 (#5155315)
Subject: I think I can ...I think I can

south east Indiana
I had a set of twins out of a Katahdin ewe bred to a NCC ram last Friday. The ram lamb was a bit larger and fine, the ewe lamb couldn't stand. Brought her in dried her off mixed up colostrum she drank well. Gave her BoSE Day 2 doing fine and able to stand but not walking. Fave her pen and banamine. She was wobbly and would do the splits in the front end. Day 3 breathing hard and high temp. more pen and banamine. Day 4 Feeling better, breathing better drinking but not standing. Day 5 about the same. As long as she is improving and drinking well I figured I owed it to her to hang in there with her.
Day 6 drinking much more and standing more frequently. Day 7 wanting to walk but doing the splits, drinking great. I thought what you need is hobbles so you cant do the splits. Tried hobbles down low but that did not allow her enough movement to walk.
Took those off and put them up high - BINGO. She is walking all over the house now. Took her a bit to figure out how to stand up but now she rises at will and trots around.

You have heard of the engine that could well this is the little lamb that could :) Not sure what her future holds but she is happy today. I have not taken a poll but the dogs may have liked her more when she was less mobile and not tripping over them.

(DSC_0286.JPG)

(DSC_0288.JPG)

(DSC_0289.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0286.JPG (86KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0288.JPG (83KB - 72 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0289.JPG (103KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)