AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good video on Dairy and labor situation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cornlover
Posted 3/1/2016 11:50 (#5147915 - in reply to #5147848)
Subject: RE: Have you tried to live on $35,000 a year?

My comment about education pertained to if people think they are worth a lot more money then they better have the education or experience to back up the pay increase. A person is paid exactly what they are worth. That is a hard concept for most to understand. If you feel as an employee you are under paid, well leave to go a higher paying job, get more education, start your own business, etc. Quite frankly a lot of people at minimum wage are grossly overpaid for their capabilities.

As for the dairy industry, it is one of the most regulated industries in agriculture. I would love to see row crop farmers have to abide by the nutriment management plans dairies have to. A lot of states require dairy's to soil test, water test just to stay in business. I'm betting if we made row croppers do that, they would scream bloody murder. Let alone daily milk testing in order to sell product. Guess we should make every truck load of grain, potatoes, corn, etc. be tested for pesticides, etc. BEFORE being unloaded. Lets even the playing field in agriculture and make all crop producers limit their sales of organic raw products just like they to do to people that try and market raw milk from the farm.

As for the comment about the dairy industry expanding, you better go re-read your notes, cow numbers are lower today than in the 1950's. Around 21,994 million cows then to around 9.26 million cows in the last few years. Is that an industry that is expanding? That must be that new common core math the new generation is learning in school along with those good work ethics that they should be paid more money for.

Edited by cornlover 3/1/2016 11:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)