AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good video on Dairy and labor situation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/1/2016 09:58 (#5147698 - in reply to #5147509)
Subject: RE: Good video on Dairy and labor situation

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
I question our next step, burned through every white guy we hired in less then two years "eighteen months" was the record. We now have two Mexican guys they are legal but neither is a citizen, they work hard and make great money and have fit in nicely to our family biz, they have good attitudes and seem to appreciate their jobs, they have dreams and goals which they know will be achieved if they stay with us. They have been with us the longest so far, Francisco is at Disneyland with his young family this week on his paid vacation. It is great for my son to see his efforts and expense to train someone stay on the farm. BUT------BUT---- we also hired migrant workers occasionally on the farm by a labor contractor to pick rocks or other hand work we had that at the time we couldn't do mechanically, we had to compete with the tree fruit industry for workers and now we are told that the jobs on our farm are to hard and the workers aren't interested anymore in working at these jobs, so whites wont do the work / Mexican and South American migrants wont do the work, who next. UHG ! in my early 50s I was still picking rocks for weeks at a time but the field workers wont come back the next day ?------- DID I mention we are sure enjoying the $50,000 dollars worth of Schulte rock equipment we bought the last two years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)