AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good video on Dairy and labor situation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Backgrounder
Posted 3/1/2016 08:03 (#5147414 - in reply to #5147100)
Subject: RE: Good video on Dairy and labor situation

What if its is a $12 a hour job. Not everyone can make $20 a hour. I pay my calf feeder better then I make hourly at the end of the day and most wouldn't think that was enough. In high school I milked for $10 a hour it was great pay compared to what the other kids where making. I had to get up on Saturday, Sundays and anyone othrr day I could milk early but I will say it taught me a lot. I have never relied on anyone else for a handout. I know that hard work isn't easy but it will pay in the end. How many of your friends make thier kids have jobs? How many parents feel its more important to play sports year round then have a job. My boys (I have three) can play sports but they must also have a part-time job off our farm and help on our farm. It teaches responsibility and time management. I'm often told by parents why are you making your kids grow up so fast. I'm not but they will grow up and be capable human beings. They won't need to live with us forever because they can find a way to support them selfs. They will understand that not all things are peaches and cream.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)