AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wrangler/Rawhide vs Diamond W portable corrals?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mccoyranch
Posted 3/1/2016 07:26 (#5147333 - in reply to #5145820)
Subject: RE: Wrangler/Rawhide vs Diamond W portable corrals?

North Central Kansas
I have owned a Rawhide for about a year now. I spent some time at the plant with both John and Mrs. McDonald. Linn pretty much copied his design. So has WW.
I chose the Rawhide because it is the only one with a headgate so I can work the cattle where ever they are. Eliminates the logistics of needing the cattle at a certain place at a certain time, which usually equals some hay feeding. Now my grazing plan dictates when and where the cattle are located. It costs a little more than some others, but again, it's the only one set up to do everything you need to do. Catch, sort, load, and it folds up to the same width of the pickup. I took mine down Interstate at 70 mph. It sets on the ground when un folded so it's anchored and isn't going anywhere. I am very happy with the Rawhide, so far it is doing everything I hoped it would do for me.
It is an dream to load out of. You have gates to help you when loading. If you are loading calves that usually are stubborn about loading up, you can grab the alley gate and it chains to the load out gate to make about an 8X8 pen to help you crowd them better. It is so nice to just have pens to sort with instead of re-setting a bunch of portable panels. Every connection chains or pins.
I had 50 head of cows in one group on milo stalks. I took my Rawhide up there and caught all of them. I ran them through giving just one shot and poured them. I also replaced ear tags if needed, so I didn't have to catch all of them in the head gate. I did that by myself in under 2 hours. This is why I bought this corral.
Some guys say well you can put a squeeze chute on those other corrals. They just sold a Rawhide by saying that because it's already on there. I chose the Priefert head gate over For-Most. John says he is developing his own headgate soon.
Add the 'cut gate' if you get one. It's very helpful. I have the large size and it can easily catch and process 100-120 cows. The 50 I had caught that day would fit in the small side alone.
Buy the Rawhide. It's that simple.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)