AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on Calves. Thanks for all advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dairykid97
Posted 2/28/2016 20:21 (#5144080 - in reply to #5144030)
Subject: RE: Update on Calves. Thanks for all advice

paid $300 hd. Wrote boss a check for $1800 the first day I officially had them so we had a deal. 3 day old calves are going for 250-275 here at sale barn. In our deal boss pays for all expenses. Feed, Labor, bedding, yardage. The reason I paid more is for this reason. It really is a good deal, I feed all bottle calves morning and night so technically I get paid to feed my own calves. But at this stage of the game it really doesn't take more than 10 minutes to feed all of them.

The deal of not paying for expenses other then calf is over at 8 weeks or when I wean them. I am unsure what I would like to do at that point because I really have no clue what to do with bull calves but I am willing to learn anything and everything because I feel this is the best way to get my foot in the ag business with out having a huge huge investment. And it is also making it so much easier when my boss is helping me like he is. I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have been given and I do not want to disappoint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)