AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So Jon...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/20/2016 10:18 (#5124482 - in reply to #5124470)
Subject: It's hard to know where everyone is coming from

Not that I worry about it much (maybe I should?) but it's hard to know where everyone is coming from.. or how they will take a piece of information..

Such as, "Strong basis in Eastern US Cornbelt post 2015 Harvest.."

Evidently some locations in the Eastern belt were seeing +.20.. +.30.. or more even +.50 at peak.

If Maize took in a bunch of contracted corn at -.45 and then turned around and sold that for +.30.. well that's pretty good.  Plus spread income to boot..

And Even if the sucker who sold him -.45 did it at $4.45 netting $4.00 cash and delivered it when the market was paying $3.90.. +.30 on $3.60 board.. EVEN HE came out ahead..  by $.10 not as good as Maize would have but pretty good.

Now fair enough Maize doesn't ALWAYS make a killing on forward contracted bushels.. but yes his customers probably appreciate the encouragement to contract..  Especially when it works in their favor as it has the past.. evidently 3 years or whenever..??  (How was 2011/12?)

That being said I do appreciate Maize and what he brings to the board..   His perspective on spreads.. hedging.. use of futures etc are valuable and can provide insight to risk management.

Not sure what the OP in this thread was all about but.. "life goes on.."  No big.. I probably should not respond so vigorisly but.. come walk in my shoes awhile before you start throwing stones at me... all I'm saying..

Edited by JonSCKs 2/20/2016 10:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)