AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So Jon...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/20/2016 09:56 (#5124441 - in reply to #5124277)
Subject: $6.50 corn cost me..

This is the same old, same old so UN-godly worried bout the market going up and missing it but will sit back and watch the free fall the last 3 years and does seem to bother most

No $6.50 corn cost me the $2.50 per bushel to cover on the...???  25 or 30 k of contracted corn that I had to BUY IN.. but I did get $4 for it.. on about 67% total contracted.. the first third at like $3.80.. next third at like $4.20'ish.. then better stop.. on the crop that yielded.. 65% irrigated and 5% dryland.. vs APH.

Have you EVER experienced that Sat?

There's a reason those who lived through the 1930's.. did not trust.. banks.. more or less fast talking brokers..

Some people went Bankrupt in the 1930's.. because they flat out could not come up with the cash to pay their taxes.. and hence the paid for ground was sold out from under them.

Now I'm not THAT conservative.. (but maybe I should be...???)

For the record I sold some $8 corn in 2012.. because I had it.. and it wasn't forward contracted.

some $6 corn in 13..

$5 corn in 14.. (maize knows..)

and some $4.50 corn last year.. as I posted on this site (hi tara..)

Not ALL of it... but some.. in each and every year.

AND I even have some $4 corn on for 2016.. about 20% priced.. "good enough for now.."

Just because I don't post every time I go to the bathroom.. doesn't mean that I am not "risk managing.."  I view my posts as balance to the

"It's going to $2.00 all the time.."

but maybe I need to do a better job of explaining myself..

"I could be wrong.." 

Edited by JonSCKs 2/20/2016 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)