AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What goes wrong on a mojortk base
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 2/18/2016 18:28 (#5120966 - in reply to #5120152)
Subject: RE: What goes wrong on a mojortk base

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Pat H - 2/18/2016 09:51

I pulled apart my "bargain" mojortk base unit (ebay) and it looks toasted beyond my desire to fix it. I found a diode on the top side and at least one regulator and a couple other devices bad - no markings, no idea what to replace them with. At first I only saw the diode on top and thought maybe I could get it going. I suspect it was connected to the wrong power supply somehow (connector isn't typical) or hooked to 24v instead of 12v.

An incorrect external power supply may have caused the problem but the power regulation circuit on these units is not robust enough to be run continuously with the internal batteries installed if connected to external power. If connected to external power for extended periods of time the internal batteries should be removed. For longevities sake, it probably would be better to just remove the internal batteries and always run with an external power source. Then you have eliminated the possibility of the power circuit trying to charge batteries and run the base at the same time.

It does have a glonass radio card and I wonder if all the mojo bases had that from the start and it was just a software switch to turn it on?

All of these base units always had Glonass capability. Somewhere along the line with software updates, Glonass being enabled was the default setting and was no longer a paid for upgrade.

Edited by WTW 2/18/2016 19:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)