AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone else seen this crop insurance article ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

thor
Posted 2/15/2016 06:07 (#5112384 - in reply to #5112370)
Subject: RE: I can tell you exactly what would happen...

northern MN

When MNs Sen Grams was in office one of our more politically active members was asked to be on a task force for the sen. Our member showed at the first meeting and promoted me as the go to guy for mpci insurance. I was asked to be on as well, wheat, barley, corn, soy and us the beet guys were all on the Sen's task force. Steve and I were driving to our first meeting with the Sen's staff and other members of the group. We had a 4 hour drive and I presented my ideas developed over years of research on another board I was on. I don't remember the detail now but it was good and acceptable to ag.

When we got to the meeting the Senators ag staffer introduced everyone and presented us with a plan that had been formulated!!! BY whom? Were our concerns and ideas being considered? Since they never discussed ideas at the first meeting it was obvious that the ins industry had the good Senators ear in our absence between meetings. We were asked to accept the proposal, go home and write our local papers as to the favorable outcome of our task force and its impact on agriculture. First off we did not like the proposal, unanimously, I attempted to introduce my findings over years of research. The presentation was not accepted by insurance representatives nor Sen Grams staff member. We got up and left as a whole, Sen Grams lost his reelection but the staffer is still working in the ag policy field.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)