AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maiden names?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cat33
Posted 2/13/2016 13:53 (#5108762 - in reply to #5107877)
Subject: RE: Maiden names?

NE SD
davpal - 2/12/2016 23:58

It would be an easy choice for me if a woman wanted to keep her maiden name. It would as easy as her being married to somebody else because she wouldn't be married to me if she didn't think enough of me to take my last name without having her maiden name in the mix. It usually means she thinks her family is more important than the guy she's marrying and she doesn't want society to forget her connection. Real easy choice. Don't marry her. Let her lead somebody else around on her leash for the rest of his life. Usually the man is the head of the household and provider but with all the stay at home dads now and mr moms it doesn't suprise me that some men will put up with it.

If that's a deciding factor in whether or not you would marry her, you've got some issues. I suppose you wouldn't allow her to get a job either. Probably demand a meal on the table ready to eat when you get home as well. Heaven forbid you might have to wash your own clothes once in a while too.

I'm secure enough to let my wife do what she wants, when she wants, and how she wants to do it. I cook half the time, I do laundry whenever it needs to be done if I have free time, all the things you probably despise as well. I even let her drive a tractor or lawn mower once in a while...oh the horror!

Go back to 1934
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)