AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Southern From Below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 2/8/2016 18:50 (#5097262)
Subject: Southern From Below

Buxton ND
First off we have no processors, my local crush plant is in your back door at Mankato.
I assumed the speaker was talking 2015 crop just did not have the year in my notes, 93% would sound about right to me. Our market IS THE PNW.
As far as the future of exports, my read was he was not bullish beans and tossed out levels below the market. .50-.75 below which is close enough to those of 2008

He brought up the US Dollar/REAL and the very high prices (equal to our in 2012) Brazil saw as their planter rolled.
Imports to the east coast.
Argentina elections and there export tax's (cattle guy beware, MY comment)
Argentina meal and crush margins here.
Cheap DDG's
Brought up ocean freight with a chart of the BDIX. The first time I've seen this chart at a marketing meeting unless I did it.
Imports to the east coast.
Addressed China canceling beans.
Talked copper's crash and burn and its effects on mining. I WILL be proving my point alittle better then he with my piece of copper pipe and something else***** (yeah that was bait)
You don't like hearing this from me anymore the crowd liked hearing it from him. Its does effect nearly EVERYONE on YOUR FARM. I rise very few soybeans tho there very important to all Dry Bean Producers pricing*****
He talked about land values falling with graphs to prove it as will as many "No-Sales"

My views have not changed on beans what-so-ever. I've been 100 mt camp on Brazil and if anything I'd say plus that number. We could have some kind of a pop given too much wet weather as Brazil combines and is loading ships.

There's been alot of beans on beans up in these parts or around the country. UN-likely too many will do beans 3X, more so if the price falls farther, meaning more acres. Who knows what the spring well bring, if its somewhat early the corn planters will roll and have a history to keep rolling.

Summer weather,,, again who knows but is using "a drought card" wise risk management on YOUR FARM ? ? ?
To each his own here,,,,, hit "a drought" and hit a grand slam home run or no drought with a nasty strike out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)