AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yield maps showing positive legacy of past management
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 1/31/2016 22:04 (#5078602 - in reply to #5076885)
Subject: RE: yield maps showing positive legacy of past management

Central South Dakota
I'll show you this one, but it wasn't a positive impact on yield. The lower right corner of the yield map where the large red & orange spot is, start at the yellow just above it is the north border, the yellow/ green to the west of it is the west border of a state borrow pit to build a highway all the way to the southeast corner of the field.

We have worked over 20 years trying to bring the land back to the productivity of the land to the north and west of it. Manure was trucked in from a distance away and applied on that corner of the field. Extra fertility has been applied there, just cant get it to come back.

The red one the west end of this yield map, I didn't have the moniter calibrated yet because it was our first corn field and I had to get the ends knocked off to get trucks off the highway. On the east end however, you can see the effects of having to cart the quarter north of this one to the highway because of mud a few years before.

Edited to add the 46-0-0 as applied fert map and rates. The field had a flat rate of MESZ applied at 75#/acre as the phosphate is pretty high in this field.

Edited by Luckyfarmer 1/31/2016 22:40

(field 1 a.png)

(field 1.png)

(fert map.png)

(fert rate.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments field 1 a.png (73KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments field 1.png (31KB - 29 downloads)
Attachments fert map.png (61KB - 32 downloads)
Attachments fert rate.png (32KB - 30 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)