AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jpartner I want your opinion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Lizton farmer
Posted 1/29/2016 08:50 (#5072067 - in reply to #5071925)
Subject: RE: Jpartner I want your opinion

lizton IN
If anyone could tell you that they would be living the dream. In the last 25 years the cattle market had a low of 54.00 in 1996 and a high of 171.65 in 2014. Corn has a low of 1.74 in 2000 and a high of 8.43 in 2012. Beans had a low of 4.01 in 1999 and a high of 17.94 in 2012. I don't follow cattle that much so I can't help much other then it coming off the highs. Corn and Beans have moved form a demand market to a over supply market. The markets have been in a sideways to down market with the SA crop. How many acres will the US plant of the different crops? What kind of weather will we have this year? Will anyone be able to buy our grain? Right now anything around $4.00 corn looks good That should put Beans at $10.00 I don't think that will happen. I do think we will be back in the $9.??. Now if we have a good growing year Beans could go down to $7.?? and Corn can go down to $2.??
If we have a short crop prices are not going to run up like they did in 2012. They will go up but there is a big supply of grain around the world and no money to buy our grain. The Dollar is vary strong oil is down. If we can flip the dollar and oil that helps grains.

I don't know if that helps any.

Keith

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)