AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a Zerohead for CFDR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/28/2016 16:24 (#5070309 - in reply to #5068491)
Subject: RE: a Zerohead for CFDR

Pittsburg, Kansas
Zero Hedge is an alternative news source. It puts out stuff often not talked about on the main stream media sources like Fox News, Wall Street Journal, etc. It asks questions the main news media fails to ask. The articles and blogs are by a wide variety of posters that post directly under the name Tyler Durden (can't remember, seems like there are 15 or 20 of them) and there are also probably just as many stories that are links from other bloggers, analysts, reporters, etc. Sometimes they will even have links from mainstream sources. Martin Armstrong is a good example of a source outside of Zero Hedge own writers.

It is mostly an aggregation of alternative news from a variety of sources. I often view it because it saves me from searching the net for some of the people I regularly follow. If some major piece is put out by the likes of James Grant, Jim Rickards, Peter Schiff, Martin Armstrong, Kyle Bass and a host of others that I would like to read, more likely than not it will show up as a partial (with links to the original) or whole article on Zero Hedge. Saves me time looking all over.

It is just a source of alternative information. And a good one in my opinion. That does not mean I believe everything I read there. It is just one of many sources, but it tends to keep track of many sources for me in one simple place.

It is just a source. Do you buy everything or believe everything that is advertised or reported on TV, radio or newspaper????? Why would anyone believe everything on Zero Hedge?

I always enjoy reading Martin Armstrong. I enjoyed reading his typewriter written Zerox'd stuff he did from prison. But I have not followed him nearly as long as you have.

But by you calling it Zeroheads, it denotes (to me at least) a certain amount of disdain for the web site. It is a way of automatically pronouncing your disapproval of the source. Kind of like refering to mainstream media as "mainslime media" (which I may have been guilty of a time or two myself). I personally think they provide a great service in response to what I consider very poor journalistic standards the main news media outlets have devolved into. I would consider main stream news to be every bit as much danger to a persons economic health as anything on Zero Hedge. What is the idiot that gets up and screams on one of the major networks about stocks? Cramer? And you think Zero Hedge is something off the wall????? It has always been buyer beware, and always will be. Zero Hedge just gives an alternative (and often contradictory within its own articles since there are many different authors) view.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/28/2016 16:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)