AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with government regs on Tiling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mntaxedtodeath
Posted 1/26/2016 16:02 (#5065786 - in reply to #5062683)
Subject: RE: Help with government regs on Tiling

SWMN
pupdaddy12003 - 1/25/2016 12:41

...you should see the mix that my local NRCS office asked me to plant on a CRP strip alongside a river that floods several times a year. They want alfalfa, both red and alsike clover, timothy and orchardgrass. I asked them if we were more concerned about the soil leaving or feeding the deer. They just gave me a dirty look........

I signed up to put in filter strips along ditches because our great state of MN made it a law. I put them in CRP and I thought that there goal was to prevent erosion but that is not the case at all. You would think they would want you to put in a grass that makes a good sod but they won't let you plant something like that you have to plant clump grasses. A good sod grass is not one of your choices for funding.We have those grasses they want you to plant on our other crp and are not good at stoping erosion because there are thick clumps and then bare dirt and these spots have been CRP for over 10 years and not made a good sod yet. So I talked with the wetland cop at the FSA office and said if I wanted I could hand seed it in the spots brome in the spots that were prone to erosion on my own.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)