AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10-34-0 prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 1/26/2016 09:54 (#5065073 - in reply to #5064794)
Subject: RE: 10-34-0 prices?

Southeast Colorado
I agree completely. If you are applying this on rented ground that you may not have next year then banding at a half rate may be the most profitable thing to do. If this is on land you own or long term rental then common sense just needs to kick in. If you build your fertility levels then there is no way that banding phos at a half rate will keep up with full rates. We are in summer fallow country where we rotate wheat/row crop/fallow so we apply what I consider is a double rate of P when we plant our wheat with the air drill. That way the dry P is under the surface and there is no additional application expense. I may not be doing it agronomically correct but that is how I'm justifying it in my head. I figure also if I ever get enough moisture to grow a fantastic wheat crop with all of that P than I could just add more P before planting the row crop. On my soils it seems as though P is a long term project so you don't notice even skipping it a year immediately like you would N. I just try to at least keep up with removal rates and maybe add a little extra as I can afford.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)