AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATV Battery question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IFarmtoo
Posted 1/26/2016 09:02 (#5064951 - in reply to #5064826)
Subject: RE: ATV Battery question?

Eastern Iowa
The biggest mystery with ATV batteries is why does the original battery in most cases last longer than replacement batteries?
I know Polaris ATV pretty much are not approved on this site and Honda probably holds close to the No. 1 spot but our family also has a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 and it still has the original battery.
It gets road mostly by my wife and not many but easy miles and sets a lot during the winter. The original battery is sealed so all you can do is charge it and its been charged a few times but it is starting to get weaker so this could be the last year.
I think the best thing to extend battery life is like said to keep it charged and avoid extreme heat if possible. The heat under the hood is usually more of a problem in the middle of summer with cars and trucks than ATV's but setting and getting charged also shortens there life.
To answer your question about replacing with an original Polaris battery I thing a lot depends on how long it sat on the shelf at the parts counter and how fresh it is ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)