AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hyperinflation? Or, as this article says . . . ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 1/25/2016 12:42 (#5062689)
Subject: Hyperinflation? Or, as this article says . . . ??

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-24/why-black-hole-deflation-s...

Have things ever changed over at Zerohead. For years all I seem to have read there is article after article about hyperinflation. Author after author pumping gold and silver - so that when the USD goes to zero, you will have protected your wealth. Article after article about how the USD was going to lose world reserve currency status - and *soon*! Act *now*!

Now, I know better than to ever say gold or silver won't be the place to have some money. Commodity markets regularly do what is not expected, and they often do the opposite of what is expected. IMHO, there is no way to know how to position yourself. The best we can do is to try to put some odds on any scenario - and have at least a modest hedge on in case we are wrong.

Anyway - an interesting discussion over there. Comment section seems to have something for everyone.

I suspect that, no matter what happens, we are pretty much all screwed. It looks like a big Monopoly game - but one where the whole game could collapse. And, gold probably won't save us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)