AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Breakout of Iowa gasoline supply
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Whatadeal
Posted 1/24/2016 17:42 (#5060856 - in reply to #5060800)
Subject: RE: extremely user unfriendly

central Iowa
jalopy - 1/24/2016 17:13

To begin with I will say I am an avid ethanol user and supporter. I burn up to e-30 in my non-flex-fuel Ford v-10 with currently 302,196 miles on original engine.

But I'm smarter than the average bear and can fumble my way about a blender pump, while the vast majority of consumers cannot, even while the product is cheaper. If people don't understand something and are confused, they will steer clear and just plain won't use it.

Blender pumps, and in general the labeling of ethanol percentage, octane, and grades of gasoline, is a huge disaster and extremely user unfriendly. It's a joke. I don't know who is responsible, the ethanol industry, petroleum industry, corn promotion board, or the epa. I'm assuming a combination of all of them.

E-85 should have never happened. Should have concentrated on widespread adoption of e-15 to replace e-10 with maybe one more higher blend choice of e-30.

I should post a photo of our local blender pump and I'll bet few people will argue with me.

I'm not surprised by Ray's numbers he posted.The motoring public might consider themselves "educated" but not when it comes to their cars.

Edited to change post title.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)