AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Free Range"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/23/2016 11:25 (#5057718 - in reply to #5057644)
Subject: RE: "Free Range"

Buxton ND
OK Fry let gets this straight, I DO NOT LIKE any farmer getting into financial trouble. I grow-up and started farming watching a lot of farmers go belly up. This WHY I'm very conservative,,, My Dad was raised in the "dirty thirties" that generation is different***** That generation DID NOT do the stock market in any way shape or form. My Dad never knew much money I owed the bank at one time,,, if he had,,, he would have taken me in the barn and whipped me silly. BTW back in the day that was called *****DISCIPLINE***** BACK IN THE DAY WHEN NO ONE IN THEIR WILDEST DREAMS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF A SCHOOL SHOOTING************************************

Banks sold them out in the late 70/80's here it was more 1990/91/92 it was a blood bath and all they had left is a massive tax bill, there farmstead and 2 old junk vehicles. I know one personally, and the "banker" player dirt pool***** Said bank/er played/tried to play dirty pool with others in my area. Bank examiners, both state and the Fed's picked over that bank with a fine tooth comb. That's where those "out-of-state" license plates parked in front of the bank stories of mine have come from. I did not see this myself, I LEARNED IT FROM THE OLD GUYS. I was taught you listen and learn from your elders*****

I grow up going to auction sales with Dad, listening to Dad and neighbors talking about things, they all talked alot because very few had any money to buy*****
Many were there just to support their friends in tough times. Back in the day when neighbors SUPPORTED NEIGHBOR NOT stabbed them in the back*****
I grow up watching the Moms/Dad's/Kids crying and walking away when they sold Grampa's old Super "M" because it was on the son's balance sheet*****
I watched the news story of Father was shot and killed and the son injured just outside Grand Forks ND as a combine was repo'd right before harvest*****
**********All these are true and its something you never forget, its burned in your mind and still will bring tears to my eyes.**********

"You can keep complaining about Ag or find a way to compete"

I am competing,,, I am and have been using the marketing tools out there to compete. I started learning to use these tools back in my pig days 3 decades ago and am welling to help other learn from MY MISTAKES of the past. At some point I would like to get more then just some beer money as I started pricing those project deals to hook up to the lap top to do meetings. My tax guy told if your gonna keep writing this stuff off your gonna have to start showing some income,,,,, beer and hunting does not count :o)

Frank if you have any big boy nice and fat 8-10 pounder butcher chickens I'd buy a few. The ones in the store look like they were raised half dead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)