AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Free Range"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/23/2016 08:36 (#5057349)
Subject: "Free Range"

Buxton ND
First time I heard about a "Free Range" chicken in DC 2001 at a fancy restaurant, all us farm boys thought it was funny !!! So the guy that busted out laughing just had to have the chicken, you got the WHOLE chicken, he said it was the toughest driest bird he'd had.

Couple days ago I saw "Free Range" eggs at Target,,,,,,,,, ***5.99 a dozen*** They were packed in a eye catching carton dead center (not cheap to do that) in the middle of the egg cooler. They also had the "cage free" and a few type's of organic's most of these were brown egg's $3-4 a dozen. My family used to raise chicken's and sell eggs growing up and NO ONE wanted the brown eggs back then.

I talked with the guy stocking the self's because I just had to find out if anyone actually payed 6 bucks a darn dozen for egg's. Said they sell a fair/smaller amount and has been growing a little. I'd say about 20% of the egg cooler was some type of brown/cage free/organic. Target guy said he'd just heard from a co-worker Target wanted the egg cooler to be 100% "Cage Free" by 2025.............. So questions here ?

Just what is "Cage Free"
The next push,,, gestation stalls
Brown eggs more healthy
Brown eggs thought to be organic
Dark yolked eyes (a chicken had got outside) back in my day people complained about, tasted funny or a strong taste. This came up in twitter that a dark yolk was better awhile back.
Breeding for dark yolks.
The whole "Cage Deal" deal from California.
? ? ?
Gotta have some chicken egg guys in here
California BS gets to pigs,,, guys are gonna go into orbit
? ? ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)