AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stop the maddness?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JUST LEARNING
Posted 1/21/2016 15:12 (#5053305 - in reply to #5052929)
Subject: RE: Stop the maddness?

KS and NE in eastern 3rd
I'll take what we have today and hopefully sell in that top 3rd. The average marketing price last year for corn was like 3.65. It wouldn't of been fun for me to average that. I'm over 50% sold this year and only made sales on 2 dates and both of them were in the june/july rally. I have frytown to thank for that. I'm not any market expert, but I know what levels I'm profitable at and pull the trigger when I see black ink with a little cushion. I think the trouble most guys have is just taking the profit when it's there. I've seen maize post several times how much farmers want for their grain and it's always MORE. Figure out where you can make a profit on a below average yield then start making sales their. The last 2 years have given opportunities to sell at profitable levels and if they didn't offer someone a profit, marketing should be the least of their concerns.

I'm not directing this post at you because I have no idea of your marketing ability, just posting as to why I like volatile markets
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)