AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

October 2014 low
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zmracing
Posted 1/20/2016 14:41 (#5050594 - in reply to #5050516)
Subject: RE: October 2014 low

west central MN

I would really agree with you when you say the pendulum was swinging too far to one side. I also think we might be setting up a trading range right in the area you said. Cash corn in our area has been from about $2.80 for a low to around $3.50 for a high for about a year and a half already so it seems like we already have somewhat of a trading range for cash corn and we will need a weather event to change that. I should of checked the stocks numbers before I mentioned that but it makes me feel a little better knowing the projections where larger at that time then they are now. I understand Jon say that we are using more ethanol but I really don't think that will continue for the whole year as a lot of plants are running in the red and I think it is possible that we have very good quality corn this year and the yields in the plants could be a little higher and they are producing more ethanol per bushel of corn. We also need to export ethanol and low crude prices will not help our ethanol exports.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)