AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dupont needs to make up their mind
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ntbill
Posted 1/19/2016 12:18 (#5047516 - in reply to #5043373)
Subject: RE: Dupont needs to make up their mind

SC Wisconsin
Many see confusion in this family of products in the DuPont lineup. I understand some of the reasoning behind the different products and labels... Here's my 2 cents worth:

The differences in timing reflect the presence or absence of the safener in the Resolve formulations. Sequence doesn't have the safener, Realm Q does. I'm guessing Resolve DF has the safener, Resolve SG does not. The impact of the safener shows up as the corn gets taller. The old original Basis product (rimsulfuron + thifensulfuron) has a timing restriction of V2 at very low rates (0.33 oz/A has 0.165 oz rimsulfuron) . The Resolve SG allows higher rates of AI by sticking with the preemerge timing. All of the Q formulations have safeners.

As far as hybrid sensitivity to the sulfonylurea class of chemistry goes, in my part of the world we are very cautious with this class on very short season hybrids (less than 95 day). The problems are real. On later maturities the problems might show up with late applications (V6 or later). Some of these products are tougher on corn than others. Rimsulfuron would whack corn much harder than nicosulfuron in the old days without the safeners.

Rimsulfuron was labeled as a stand alone product in Europe long before it came on the scene here. It does have a fit in some systems...

The mesotrione side of the Sequence label is pretty clear to me. Don't apply more than 3.85 oz AI per acre per year. Same as the Callisto label on corn. The early post timing allows a bit higher rate for the Sequence vs. the Callisto postemerge label. You would not push the Sequence as late as the straight Callisto because of the risk of rimsulfuron after V2 without a safener. The Realm Q label says 4 oz/Acre rate but states the following: "Refer to the label of
the respective corn herbicide partner for specific use directions". In my opinion, if you have Sequence fb Realm Q, you need to follow the 3.85 oz rate limit language of the Sequence label. I agree with Coup in that DuPont could have stated this little factoid more clearly...

I don't work for DuPont nor do I see crop inputs, just a lowly independent crop consultant passing on what I know about the chemistry and the products.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)