AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question? Blu, Fry others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 1/18/2016 08:29 (#5044325 - in reply to #5043873)
Subject: RE: Question? Blu, Fry others

david ecpa - 1/17/2016 21:54

Lets see if this works. For EW to work properly the position of turning points must be at certain relationship to the previous turning point. In this case we would be looking for a position in relation to the Wave 3 notation. Both charts are weekly and the same time frame. Yet the picture is different. If I was to draw a fork on each one then I believe I would get two differnt answerts. Clear as mud I suspect.

Hi David,
I get what you are saying now. The current corn formation has to be one of the toughest formations to get a handle on. I know I have drawn countless lines on it myself and am spending any spare time trying to find close cousins to it that reside in a similar context. The problem is that there is not a formation on any chart of this magnitude that I can find - anywhere. IMHO, this is why the last couple years formations have been snubbing their noses to traditional timing. Traditional timing uses the seasonal moves as the waves - whether it be for an indicator EW or forks for that matter. But IMHO, this multi-year move is one formation and completely relevant and is pretty normal action after a mega price collapse, but it is huge, likely covering most of two full growing seasons. It turned nearly tic perfect using some creative line work, but all this remains one formation/wave. It is storing loads of energy and the move post completion will be, without a droubt, dramatic.
Take care

Edited by jpartner 1/18/2016 08:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)