AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ih 986 alternator?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 1/10/2016 21:58 (#5027036 - in reply to #5026776)
Subject: RE: Ih 986 alternator?

NW Iowa
This sounds dramatic, but throw the Delco away and put a Nippendenso in its place. Get a Nipp for a 4440 or similar 40 series Deere. It will fit just fine, takes the same pulley that was on the Delco and requires only a minor wiring alteration. My 17000 hour 1086 went through numerous Delcos before I put a Nipp on it and I have never looked back. I think it is a 90 amp if I remember right. A neighbor friend of mine replaced the problematic Delcos on his two 4630 Deeres with Nipps years ago and has not had alternator problems since.

I do need a little help with a wiring expert here if I'm wrong because I am not looking at the tractor right now but the wiring alteration involves jumping from the hot terminal to the #1 spade terminal by cutting the wire coming out of the double plug about three inches back and putting a ring terminal on it. It could be #2 instead that is why I am asking for some expert advice to straighten me out. The only downfall to putting a Nipp on it is the price tag will make your check book smoke.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)