AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rent negotiations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

doathlon
Posted 1/10/2016 12:54 (#5025534 - in reply to #5025497)
Subject: RE: Rent negotiations

buddyandkirby - 1/10/2016 12:39

Some of This young generation just doesnt get it. I,m 51 yrs old and My wife still works to get health insurance, my premiums are over $12,000. a year if i had to buy them. Thats one of the first places to go to save money. Secondly, Ag Econ 101 teaches you that when you dont want unproductive assets [i e expensive houses] when you are absolutely in the position of not being able to afford them or trying to build a farming operation in the beginning even if interest rates are cheap, period. No one is pissed off, we have lived through this, i had friends and neighbors 30 yrs ago who did not make it, we are trying to give you guys advice, but when your young and think you know everything. Well, maybe some of you guys will listen and the others, well good luck.

If your wife wasn't a teacher your premiums would likely be $12,000 a year. The government supported jobs are on a crash course with reality that's coming to a head soon. In other words, the rest of us whose wife works full time, just like yours, still have crazy high premiums. Secondly, many of those houses aren't unproductive. The guys I know have most of them paid for, otherwise they wouldn't have bought them OR built them in the first place. That actually makes them a productive assets. Remember, they borrow money from a bank too. Not all young guys are stupid. Quite frankly, without making $ off land they wholly own (most young guys own no land free and clear) they have to be pretty good business people to make it work. Some do, some don't. Guys that own land that are gong broke over machinery cost/leases and land rents are the ones that your comments should be directed to. And from what i see, that's multi generational. I'm around your age, FWIW.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)