AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GOMSK
Posted 1/9/2016 05:05 (#5022520 - in reply to #5022240)
Subject: RE: Feeders

Jd And I agree on something?! What in the world?

jd so basis today might have been positive for a brief bit but ended day about -.70. Still improvement and if we're looking for a true rally that probably gets to a. +2 in Feb. my comments before I think hold true. The only people going to be able to capitalize on this rally are guys with COF. I look for cash market to stay firm (I don't dare say higher) and the futures market to fall. Bitterly cold and pen conditions a bout to be crappy again for several days. Performance is not going to be good.

This will effect the cow calf man. Recent Feedyard losses, will be passed down the line. That's how it works. And with bad performance on cattle currently on feed, cattle will continue to lose money potentially and the feeders will fall to spring. We have cut grass cattle numbers back drastically last few years. This year we anticipate expanding. We are being offered all the grass we want and more. Seems to be falling apart for some. Will be in no hurry to buy grass calves until March or April.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)