AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rent negotiations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buddyandkirby
Posted 1/9/2016 01:48 (#5022481 - in reply to #5022457)
Subject: RE: Rent negotiations

East central nebraska
There are a couple problems i have with this forum. First of all, some have gotten cash rent lowered to sub 3.50 cash corn value , and good for you. What if we have a tough crop year and we would see 5.50 to 6.00 dollar corn. So farmers would throw a chincy 25 dollars per acre their landlord way in a bonus and reap the benefits like they did in 2009 through 2013. Thats why many landlords wont budge now, they were left out of the riches in the good years. Secondly, how many of you guys are cutting living costs, and not just cash rent? The 2nd part may or may not pertain to any of you but i feel compelled. When i was first married 30 years ago my wife and i raised 4 kids, she taught school for 21 years for a little living expenses and health insurance and we lived in a chicken coup. I never asked my landlord to lower the rent , but they always wanted me to survive and farm their land because { I believe} of the way we sacrificed and lived. In my neck of the woods there are 4 young farmers who are complaining that they cant make it. They all have $400,000. houses, wives who dont work , and have been driving newer vehicles and taking trips.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)