AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$15,000,000,000 suit over Keystone pipeline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/8/2016 19:12 (#5021813 - in reply to #5020671)
Subject: Flip side.. also hope for KSA..

Wow this is a good read..  I'm impressed with this chap.

Transcript: Interview with Muhammad bin Salman

The Economist meets Saudi Arabia's deputy crown prince, the man who wields power behind the throne of his father, King Salman

Jan 6th 2016 | DIRIYA | Middle East and Africa

( http://www.economist.com/saudi_interview )

K of SA seems to be making great strides.. hopefully they will be rewarded for their efforts. 

You are one of the 70% of Saudi Arabians who are aged thirty and under. You are in charge of the country’s defence and its economy, you epitomise in many ways the new generation of Saudi Arabia. What kind of Saudi Arabia do you want to create?
The Saudi Arabia that I hope for, as well as the other 70%: a Saudi Arabia that is not dependent on oil; a Saudi Arabia with a growing economy; a Saudi Arabia with transparent laws; a Saudi Arabia with a very strong position in the world; a Saudi Arabia that can fulfil the dream of any Saudi, or his ambition, through creating enticing incentives, the right environment; a Saudi Arabia with sustainability; a Saudi Arabia that guarantees the participation of everyone in decision-making; a Saudi Arabia that is an important addition to the world and participates in the production of the world, and participates in facing the obstacles or the challenges that face the world. My dream as a young man in Saudi Arabia, and the dreams of men in Saudi Arabia are so many, and I try to compete with them and their dreams, and they compete with mine, to create a better Saudi Arabia.

You lay out a very positive vision for Saudi Arabia, yet we are living in a time, one of the most dangerous times in the region for many, many years. How do you juxtapose those two visions?

You’re from Britain, and I am a fan of Churchill. And Churchill said that opportunities come during crises. And I recall Churchill’s statement whenever I see the obstacles or the crises in the region. So this is how I view the challenges or the crises in the region. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)