AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Upgrade from a IH 1086
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 1/8/2016 04:32 (#5020084 - in reply to #5019235)
Subject: RE: Upgrade from a IH 1086

ecmn
marbro1 - 1/7/2016 19:16

Easy, how old were you during that era?

That's era? Our area is still ran with 86 and 40 series tractors. When I was a kid I was the neighbor hood driver. Even in and after college took driving jobs. Hauled a lot of manure with 66/86 and box cars red ones. Spent many hours on a massey 1100. Many ours in 30 up to 8000 series deere. The 8000 series ford's were pretty nice to drive.

If all you did was tillage they were ok. Put it in a gear and drive slow. Pto''s were weak. On manure pumps you knew one of them was going down. Every other year a ta went down. The other one on the manure tanker was a nightmare to drive. Clash and grind gear box. The massey had a simple shift. Side by side compared to the 20 serie's deere I could lap the 86 a couple times a day..the 7020 Allis wasn't perfect but far better.

Horrible cab, bad hydraulics, cheap, hard steering, dear God trying to do a lot of loader with one and it was work.

Old red heads try to bash the sound guard cab but they clearly forgot what the 86 cab was like. Tiny steps, tiny door, horrible lay out, no leg room, no rear visibility, it was quiet. And had a pipe coming out of the hood. Gasp can you imagine if deere did that. Lol.

I don't bash for the sake of bashing. I tell the truth of MY EXPERIENCE. Don't like it go cry some where else.

I have never seen a bigger group of stubborn, dillusional, cry baby's then the IH guys. According to them an 86 series was the chuck Norris of tractors.

At a quick glance I can think of 8 JD 20-55 series deere in the area that are 12k hours and still going strong. I know of 1 66 series that made it that far. And getting there was not cheap.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)