AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till corn row cleaners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tango
Posted 1/7/2016 21:06 (#5019671 - in reply to #5018457)
Subject: RE: No till corn row cleaners

SE IA
Notill corn into bean stubble is way more forgiving than corn into corn. I use yetter Sharks tooth because of notill corn on corn. They never plug and rip the stalk part and out of the way. They work well in corn on Sb ground also. If you are in 15" rows planting SB you will probably want the row cleaners raised otherwise you will cover the rows planted by the pusher units with the rear unit row cleaners. You could leave the notill coulter on the pusher units and raise the row cleaners on the rear units. I guess you did not say if you have pusher units.
The Yetters are floating with a depth band to help keep them from gouging too much. Even then adjusting for the many varying conditions was difficult until I put Precisions Clean sweep on. You only want to clean the trash not make a trench.
I use Thompson closing wheels and really like them. When I first bought my twelve row I had 6 Martin closing wheels I kept from the 6 row I traded in and then put 6 Thompson closing wheels on the other rows. In nice mellow soil there was no difference but on the clay side hills there was 2000 difference in population with the Thompson being better.
We are in similar soils except that I have very little bottom ground. Only 15 miles SE of Williamsburg. Good Luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)