AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jp, fry, etc - corn fork question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 1/6/2016 17:06 (#5016237 - in reply to #5015951)
Subject: RE: jp, fry, etc - corn fork question

tallcornman - 1/6/2016 13:44 thanks j, just for clarification - are you wanting the 3.46 area to be washed from the report or the 3.18? can you expand on how you have 'changed your tune' recently. thanks a bunch for your insights.

Hi tallcornman,

Not really wanting a wash - and not sure it can happen without things getting ugly.  The recent reports have had  tendency to stall the minor downtrends and put in short term pivots.  And while this seems bullish, those buyers have been unsuccessful in making new highs.    So, they have not been paid very well.  The concern is, have they been paid well enough to want to step in front of it again?  We know for a fact these buyers haven't been whales thus far.  Or is there a bigger trader willing to do that now that wasn't willing before?  Then when you add in the projections price has made that are not bull friendly, and I get very nervous about a wash happening without triggering a landslide.  The market will never go where it doesn't have the energy to go, and unfortunately, it has downside energy to work with.  Yes, these prices are too cheap, I get it.  Whether  we use in now or later, remains to be seen.

I can make a bullish argument with lines of frequency.  I am sure there are some squiggly lines crossing somewhere that are supportive, and no doubt there are some timing dates hovering here someplace.  But none of those matter if  ....Buyers aren't willing to pay more.   That is the problem thus far.  Maybe next week that will change.

Changing my tune has to do with my expectations if we hold here and where we go.  Not having a life, and doing research over the Holidays will do that to you,  but not much sense in discussing that til we accomplish the first step.  

Hope that helps.

Edited by jpartner 1/6/2016 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)