AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jp, fry, etc - corn fork question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 1/6/2016 10:54 (#5015478 - in reply to #5015080)
Subject: RE: jp, fry, etc - corn fork question

Frytown, Iowa

trend is still down. now i do expect a possible bump here but if price doesn't take off and land somewhere above 3.80... then i would expect a massive move down towards the LARGE thick black line which is the controlling forks hagopian. the line that has the most pull on price.

as of today. if we dropped off the cliff we are resting on... we could have the perfect scenario of a double bottom... this could allow us to have a decent run up later next year or early 17'... possibly to 4.65 or even 5 even... a double bottom of 3.18 would also mean we are going to stay in this 3-5 range for the next decade with an absolute low somewhere in the 2.50-3 range... if you are prepared for this you might be able to not be effected by it if you keep yourself from pricing anything in the area below 3.

i have a bullish projection as well... IF your forks bottom holds... and we see a jump above 3.80... a more aggressive upside... would be a target of 4.65 around next june... i would be surprised if that happened.

either way... if price plunges below towards 3.18 or heads higher to 4.65... i will be using that information to my advantage

sorry if the lines seem to be gibberish. if you take the time you can start to pick out that there are multiple lines showing price is resting on an area currently where if we see price break below 3.40 there will be so many stops ran that we would more than likely hit the hagopian in no time at all...

the hagopian is only a DRAW... of price... it doesn't mean its support necessarily... all i know is that the lower we go this winter... the better i feel about price losing its anchor and being free to float back up towards $5... 

if you want my opinion... I'm leaning on price making a double bottom to 3.18

first chart is showing the shelf we are on... the blue line is your fork, the black line is the 3.46 buyers, and the black dotted line is an action/reaction line.
the red fork is a quite steep fork that still has its middle line drawing price down. the red dotted line is the mod shiff fork which is showing a really nice path of price.

the second chart is the same as the first but i have added the hagopian lines to show the largest draw of price (which is down) and how the line intersects with the mod shiff (red dotted) line almost perfectly at 3.18. in my opinion that would be a pretty good area to put in a medium term bottom (not THEE bottom)

third chart is a hopeful bullish projection. if price bounces off this area i think this would be a good target (4.65 in june 2016)

either way. if price makes it down to the 3.20 area i will probably be picking up some "paper acres" to sell for the future... and if price heads up to 4.65 ill pry be selling some "paper acres" and my crop bushels.

(Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.27.34 AM.png)

(Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.29.08 AM.png)

(Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.23.17 AM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.27.34 AM.png (85KB - 39 downloads)
Attachments Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.29.08 AM.png (92KB - 31 downloads)
Attachments Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 10.23.17 AM.png (80KB - 32 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)