AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sharpening sharktooth row cleaners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Steelshot
Posted 1/5/2016 21:44 (#5014363 - in reply to #5012122)
Subject: RE: sharpening sharktooth row cleaners

Zebulon, North Carolina
I got the wheels sharper than they were when new, and to be darn careful putting things back together or you'll be a blood donor quickly. Flap disk didn't seem to get the metal as hot or remove excessive metal as a stone wheel would. Also seemed to do as well or better than new but definitely better than they were before I sharpened them. I run short arm Titans with std. treader wheels in float with the pin setting the lower limit tickling the ground. They will plow from time to time but no worse than the fixed ones before in uneven ground. I've been pleased with this setup and have no vision of changing anything for next year. With that said we don't have the higher yielding corn and beans that y'all tend to have, we see corn 150 avg, beans 45 avg, and milo 120 avg). I don't have the "riding out" problems in my residue levels even with 3-4' cereal rye cover crops every year. The short arm Titans with sharktooth wheels seem to have ample weight to do a good job for me but our residue breaks down really well in our warmer climate. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)