AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on elect/hyd doors on semi trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mounder
Posted 1/5/2016 09:42 (#5012346 - in reply to #5011264)
Subject: RE: Opinions on elect/hyd doors on semi trailer

N.W. Illinois
We have had Roll Rite electric openers on our 2 trailers for over 10 years. We only use our trailers to haul out of the field, no winter usage.
The openers make the Fall harvest much easier physically for my brother and myself, many days we are dumping 15-20 loads each. Also the openers keep us out of the dust and beeswings. We can open and close the traps from quite a distance. The motors are geared down and have good torque.
Although we dump into a pit most times the elec openers are great for dumping into swing augers. No climbing over or on to the swing auger to dump. You can also remote dump the trailer from either side with the remote, you don't have to walk all the way around the trailer. The traps open and close at a nice speed, they can be quite precise for unloading.
Most companies allow you to use the same remote that you use on the electric tarp. I sure would not like to keep track of 2 remotes.
You can lock out the remote to prevent accidental openings. We try not to carry the remote in our pants pocket to prevent accidental openings.
I think your neighbor would really appreciate having elec traps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)