AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fierce Sparrow
Posted 1/5/2016 08:39 (#5012204 - in reply to #5011778)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

Francis Creek, Wi.
I've been running my own shop for better than 40 years. Worked at 2 franchised dealers during and immediately after college. Received My NIASE certification in 1975. Dairy farmed with my wife at the same time until 2 years ago when we sold the cows and just cash crop now. Started the shop as a supplement to the dairy farm. Started at $10.00 per hr. Never got over $40.00 per hr. which is where I am now. I'm generally pretty busy with established customers. STRICTLY cash and carry. NO CREDIT! If you can't pay for the job, I'll watch TV instead. I started charging $10.00 misc. shop supplies after about 2 years of business. Any job over a billable hour gets the charge.

Only had one guy complain in all that time. Really gave me h--- for it, but he paid for it. I calmly told him the way I charged and that if he didn't like it to go elsewhere. He did - for 2 repairs. He's back. At my low labor rate, the shop supply expense becomes more critical. There is little to be made in mark-up. Most of my customers understand that we try to deliver good service at a fair price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)