AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trapperjon
Posted 1/5/2016 07:29 (#5012016 - in reply to #5011131)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

east central iowa
this is a good topic. first thing to know is a happy satisfied customer will be your best advertiser just as a unsatisfied one is bad for business. so try to keep them happy as best you can. second is I know it cost a small fortune to run a farm as well as a shop and we both need each other. I understand your cost with labor and work comp and health insurance being probably your highest costs. they cost me a lot also. third is shop rates are high and if I chose to hire you it is because u have a skill I don't have or I don't have the time or maybe just cant physically do it. forth I want to be treated like u would want to be treated. fifth I think as shop rates get so high that these supplies should be a cost of doing business. like if your charging $75 per hour or more then you want to charge me for a towel too. that rubs me wrong. sixth. I want a log kept of my repair with date and times of each part of my repair. so if your working on brakes I know how long it takes or your working on injectors we know how long it takes. this money does not grow on trees for either of us and we both need to know these things.im sure your keeping it because your billing me off it. I want to have it in my bill. seventh. not all mechanics are equal. so I don't want to pay top price for a greenhorn that is learning on my tractor. some mechanics are good at looking busy increasing billable hours and others are really fast and accurate in there repairs. so how can u charge the same for both without a work log that the customer sees. its actually my money that I am spending in your shop so I demand a good value. eighth I like to see a working shop manager that is working on stuff also. one that knows his stuff and is really keeping track of my repair so it doesn't get out of hand. ninth when troubleshooting and you cant figure it out don't be embarrassed to ask for help. it will save the paying customer time and money to diagnose this as quick and accurately as possible. tenth when working on my tractor please keep the repair moving along. don't go start 5 other repairs and make mine take 3 months because its the off season. eleven. keep me in the loop of my repair. you r spending my money and I get to be involved in some of the decisions. twelfth. when you do all these things you have the right to charge high shops rates and I will gladly pay my bill. happy new year. just remember its a 2 way street out here and we both have options.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)