AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1 ton dump truck or dump trailer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 1/4/2016 22:56 (#5011680 - in reply to #5011554)
Subject: RE: 1 ton dump truck or dump trailer?

Texas
I bought a new 16' dump trailer early last year and six months later bought a dump truck and sold the trailer. The trailers do have a lot of benefits we did haul our skid steer in it on ocassion but they are hard to get into a lot of places. We are digging a pond at our place and selling off the dirt. It is going to home builders, homeowners, and all other kinds of tight places where the trailer is very difficult to maneuver.

We also do some contract work like spreading gravel on people's driveway and with the dump trailer we had to make two trips or take two vehicles with the gravel and the skid steer. With the dump truck I can load the gravel in the truck and pull the skid steer behind it.

You also have to be careful not to overload the trailer or it won't lift it up. 5 yards of dirt was about the max in mine. I can load my dump truck way beyond legal and dump it no problem.

The borrowing thing is true also. People wanted to borrow mine but I have yet to have someone ask to borrow the truck.

Edited by Drilldo 1/4/2016 22:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)