AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who would have thought
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

southernmnman
Posted 1/4/2016 20:21 (#5011194 - in reply to #5010916)
Subject: RE: Who would have thought

South central Minnesota
Tara Farms - 1/4/2016 18:03

southernmnman - 1/4/2016 16:13

Sat - 1/4/2016 14:16

My thoughts on crude have not changed, with or without 1 or 5, with or without bombs.
A couple of years back crude would have been up 6-8 bucks on news like this today.
Long spec traders ARE and HAVE BEEN used rallying to exiting their long positions at less of a loss.

Well Marty a couple of years ago crude at this time of year was around 100, right? And a 6-8 dollar move would be 6-8%. Well today crude opened at 37.60, traded up to 38.39, down to 36.33 with a close at 36.93, a move from high to low of around 5.2%.edit sorry should be 5.376%, lets be a bit more accurate lol!

Trading range and Up move are interchangeable ???

You can try and paint it anyway you want but it reads the same - the super cycle in commads is over

Edit
The news Marty thought should of meant a move UP wasn't there,
http://news.yahoo.com/oil-prices-edge-volatile-session-020117654--f...

So I was wrong about a 5% plunge from the day's high being a change from Middle East tension raising it to China economic news killing it, it was still all about oversupply and the tension adding to the belief it won't ease the concern of it.

so how will this bode for the shale producers? Or those that invested in it? Or made loans to? As you say it's over if you can't get crude to climb on world tension and boy those kids need something to entice some funds, junk is tough to sell if you get my drift.

Edited by southernmnman 1/5/2016 03:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)