AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Depreciation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

99MAX
Posted 12/29/2015 19:45 (#4996283 - in reply to #4996139)
Subject: RE: Piratepride depreciation in and of itself is not the problem

Stearns County, Minnesota

Tim swMN - 12/29/2015 18:03
Tara Farms - 12/30/2015 10:19 My guess is you have a fairly new line of equipment ( a lot of 1-3 year old ) that has been fully depreciated and has a large annual payment due to the manufactures of the equipment. If this is true than you need to find out what you absolutely need for equipment to survive and figure out a way to hold onto that equipment and let the rest go back to the lender ( any equipment that is in the 1-3 years old and is financed through the manufacture is almost certainly worth less than what is against it).
Good advice, figure out what you need to survive. I do believe that if depreciated equipment is turn back to dealer the valve will be subjected to capital gain tax. Sec 179 is a great tax tool if use right. BUT if you borrow money to buy the equipment you better have a plan to make the payments and pay income tax the following years.

I do believe that if depreciated equipment is turn back to dealer the valve will be subjected to capital gain tax.

I believe that you are wrong when you state that depreciated equipment that is turned back to the dealer, will be subjected to capital gains tax.  The value will be subject to real income tax, which will be a much larger penalty, than capital gains tax.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)