AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH Little Genius, #60 plow experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 12/27/2015 19:42 (#4991061 - in reply to #4990608)
Subject: RE: IH Little Genius, #60 plow experts

IIRC, the 60 plows came out around 55 / 56. A #16 would be more time appropriate for your SM. They were available in either trip or hyd lift versions. There was a hyd lift option made to retrofit the Little Genius plows. First plow I ran was a rope trip 3x14" #16 pulled a '49 M. Iwas probably 8 or 9 at the time & had problems pulling the rope to get the plowed raised in time so my uncle put me on the '54 SM & hyd lift 3x14" #16. I thought I was big time as the tractor had power steering & a landslide dual. At that time it was the only tractor in the area that had duals. I plowed a lot of acres with that tractor until we bought a 450 & a 3x16" # 312 fast hitch plow.

A 60 plow would be eadier to find parts for as they had the Super Chief bottoms that used the one piece share that was used on the latebr IH plows such as the 710 & 720s & are still available. The Little Genius & #16s used the Plow Chief moleboards that had the two piece share that are hard to find. I have a 4hyd 4x16# #60 plow that I bought 4-5 years ago to pull behind my SMTA at plow days but never restored it as it's too big for the tractor. Would like to find a hyd 3x14 #16 or tske a bottom off the #60. Guy that owned the #60 pulled it with a 52 SM but not very deep.

Edited by boog 12/27/2015 19:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)