AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This might get interesting - Swiss to do away with fractional reserve lending????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/25/2015 22:13 (#4987160 - in reply to #4986569)
Subject: RE:1234 - that's trying to solve the wrong problem

cropsey, il 61731
Rather than continuing to run down morals by making a high crime to discriminate against anything, maybe we should call more things what they are or at least not raise them up as brave. Sin isn't going to stop but we don't need to fuel the fire. I remember stupid (and I mean stupid) housewife's on Phil Donahue saying "who am I to force my morals on my children" and it was met with applause. These same parent put their daughters on birth control at 14 because it was just going to happen. Errrr... I saw these kids for 9 years as a church youth leader and it was amazing that the kids just didn't know the difference and were genuinely asking me "why" when I suggested perhaps teenage sex is possibly a bad idea.

Killing babies is just wrong, telling parents - "hey it's your job to teach some level of morals instead of just keeping your kids out of your hair". Simple right and wrong would be a nice start - hey don't kill people maybe.

All that to say that a lot of costs are born from just no moral base - and this isn't some church deacon standard, this is just getting through the basics of life.

So, just to tie this off, as we go down the rabbit hole with bankers I think it's just about the same as giving birth control to 14 year old girls with no expectations that they may have some self respect and control over the feelings of the moment. The bankers will pretty much do whatever they 'feel' like doing. So far history doesn't show them being held to any account.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)