AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/25/2015 11:51 (#4986069 - in reply to #4984966)
Subject: RE: Why is this happening???

cropsey, il 61731
Those rents locked in for quite a while are way too high and way too many of our tax dollars. Maybe the payment limit comes into play so they can offer whatever and then say "oops, can't pay you that". I thought crp payments have to go the landowner so wouldn't some names on deeds have to change? This just sounds too good to be true. It would make sense for the Feds to step in and make a mess of cash rent structure (ie. one owner of good ground gets a fair rent of $200 given low prices and his neighbor's land that should be given back to the native americans is getting $300).

Is this a push from enviro money sliding in the pockets of congresspeople and regulators to get more land out of production because it's not sustainable? Funny thing is that the only way to stop agriculture's "sustainability" is by taking away the farm land. I'm sure once we go back to flooding prairies all will be right. I wonder if hollywood and legislators recognize there will be no one to make their food, watch their movies or pay taxes to support them. Maybe they just hate themselves and this is one collective "cry for help".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)