AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ethanol and the corn and cattle markets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 12/18/2015 09:06 (#4969032 - in reply to #4969015)
Subject: RE: ethanol and the corn and cattle markets

west central illinois
Douglas - 12/18/2015 08:00

^ What I want is sensible government policy. Not policy based on making midwest/grain farmers happy. Ethanol policy is bad policy in my opinion and done more harm than good. The climate change benefits is more than offset my higher cost of land, fertilizer, feed, etc. 

Our ethanol policy has run the price of grains up world wide. Countries like brazil have used these higher prices to finance expansion of grain productions with improved technology the world over. We have basically given away our export markets and will never get them back. We help finance our competition just like we have done for cotton, sugar,tobacco etc.  

When corn prices eventually fall as they are sure too (high prices encourage more productions) we will be right back needing another government program to keep prices up. The cure for high prices is high prices as they say. That is where the cattle industry is today. 

Markets work if you let them. 

"Let's not forget the payout for 2012 that guys made a killing off of"

Say what? I missed that one, whatever it was.

high prices are gone. They have left livestock also from over production. Now we get to see who plays the game 5 years from now and who doesn't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)